As an APICS CSCP candidate you have already made the commitment to further your career through continuing your education and expanding your supply chain knowledge. By completing the APICS CSCP designation this year you will realize the benefits of the certification including demonstrating your commitment to the profession to your employer and your peers.
The CSCP programme is an industry educational certification programme that has been created to meet the rapidly changing needs of the supply chain professional. This programme was launched in 2005 and since then 12,000 CSCP’s have achieved their designation globally.
The CSCP programme takes a broad view of the supply chain management field extending beyond internal operations to encompass all the steps throughout the supply chain – from supplier, through the company to the end consumer. The CSCP provides you with the knowledge to effectively manage the integration of these activities to maximize a company’s value chain.
The APICS CSCP designation:
- is the most widely recognized educational program for operations and supply chain management professionals around the globe
- is a designation that is sought by thousands of employers and recruiters
- provides you with a mastery of supply chain management best practices and distinguishes you as an industry expert with specialized, high-level knowledge and skills
The new APICS CSCP exam consists of three important modules. The 2012 exam reflects critical changes in the marketplace and in the evolving roles and responsibilities of operations and supply chain managers. For accreditation, you must master each of the following:
APICS Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Broad concepts include primary processes, objectives, logistics, integration methods, and rewards
- Alignment of supply chain with corporate strategies
- Key considerations for planning, inventory control, and continued improvement
- Identification and management of market segments
- Demand forecasting and effective management techniques
- Effective customer relationship management (CRM)
Supply Chain Strategy, Design, and Compliance
- Sustainability practices in design and operation
- Measurement, responsiveness, operations, and communications
- Risk, its sources, impacts, and mitigation methods
- Globally dispersed supply and demand, and the effects on logistics
- Factors influencing demand, including design, marketing, selling, and matching customer orders
- Core Customer Relationship Management (CRM) concepts, including strategies, technologies, and implementation challenges
- Fundamentals of supplier relationship management (SRM), including strategies, improved source management, relevant technologies, and measurement
- Inventory planning and control methods
Implementation and Operations
- Supply chain dynamics and the balance of responsiveness and efficiency
- Managing supply from internal and external sources
- Implementation of demand plans, including prioritization, fulfillment, and capturing and communicating point-of-sale data
- Tools and techniques to support continuous improvement
APICS CSCP education is essential if you are:
- interested in increasing your knowledge and expertise in the field of global supply chain management, specifically in the areas of customer relations, international trade, information technology enablement, and physical logistics
- consulting or facilitating supply chain functions or working with ERP systems
- creating a common standard of understanding, vocabulary, resources, and frameworks within your company to address your supply chain challenges and opportunities
An APICS CSCP designation will help you:
- master the necessary tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities, including suppliers, plans, distributors, and customers around the globe
- acquire the skills you need to create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate communication
- understand how to use enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems and other technologies to improve the entire supply chain process
- maximize your organization’s ERP investments by millions of dollars
- increase your professional value and secure your future
APICS CSCP eligibility candidates with an APICS ID but who have no email address in our records, or are not sure if they have an email address in our records, should contact APICS Customer Service to have a web profile created for them. Customer service may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-444-2742, or +1-773-867-1777 from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. CT.
To be eligible to study the CSCP a candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold an APICS CPIM, APICS CFPIM, APICS CIRM, APICS SCOR-P, CPIM, CSM OR CPSM designation/s.
- Hold a conferred bachelors’ degree or the international equivalent*
- Posess at least three (3) or more years of supply chain related work experience
*APICS defines the international equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree as the level of study that would qualify an individual for a graduate program in the country where the undergraduate degree was earned.
N.B. individual must submit an eligibility form to APICS and receive an acceptance letter from them prior to purchasing material. Failure to comply may result in APCIS rejecting your exam registration at a later date.
Creating a web profile
To create a web profile, candidates should go to www.apics.org/forgotUID, enter their APICS ID as the user name, and follow the instructions.
Once you have completed your CSCP it will need to be maintained, visit here for more information.
Exams and Assessments
You will take an APICS international Examination which assesses you by a series of multiple choice questions. These exams are scored based on a scored scale.
Rosemary Cheung, CSCP, Global Key Accounts Supply Optimizing Manager for North East Asia Shell Hong Kong Limited, “Primed for a Thriving Supply Chain Career”.
“I would definitely encourage others to take the APICS CSCP courses in order to develop and enhance their skills, to create and execute a global supply chain management strategy that meets customer needs, to reduce cost, and to increase profits. The knowledge is yours. Use it, share it.”
A good foundation is essential to any further growth and development
You’ve been there, done that, got the T-Shirt!
You’ve worked hard, attended classes, or self-studied, put in long hours, juggled home-work-study, sailed through the exams, or had to sweat and rewrite – but you succeeded! You want to stay in touch with other CPIMs or connect with others around the world. You may be in Kenya, Brazil, China, India, New Zealand or any other country around the Globe… Then this is the group for you.