The Value of Business forecasting and how it drives better decision making
Virtually every business decision and process is based on a forecast. Anything you plan is generally based on an assumption of something happening in the future, which by definition is a forecast. It doesn’t matter which industry you are in, whether you manufacture or provide a service, whether your company is big or small but you must have forecasts to plan effectively. The more accurate the forecasts, the better the plan.
A forecasters goal is to go beyond what has happened and provide the best assessment of what will happen in the future to drive better decision making.
Business Forecasting can encompass anything that identifies the likelihood of a future outcome, provides comparative information using analytics, or drives data-driven business decisions.
Forecasting is an imperative that enables competitive advantage.
Business Forecasting can be used for:
· Strategic planning and decision-making (long-term planning)
· Finance and accounting (budgets and cost controls)
· Marketing (consumer behavior, life cycle management, pricing)
· Operations and supply chain (resource planning, production, logistics, inventory)
What you will learn from attending the workshop
· What you Need to Know about Demand Planning, Forecasting, and S&OP
· Data Management and time Series Forecasting Modeling
· Reporting, Presenting, New Product Forecasting and Planning
The workshop covers the content of the CPF (Certified Professional Forecaster)
Member - R6 500.00 excl. VAT
Non-Member - R7 250.00 excl. VAT
NB Please note this does not include exam fees and the recommended text reference material.
Textbook Fee - R1 630.00 excl. VAT
Exam Fees - R16 875.00 excl. VAT (for all 3 exams) | R5 625.00 excl. VAT per exam
Event Terms and Conditions:
- SAPICS and the host company reserve the right of.
- Space is limited on the event. Should you be unable to attend for any reason, please notify us in writing at least 48 hours in advance.
- Neither the Company, The Client nor any other party associated with the Event (nor any of their agents and/or representatives) will, under any circumstances, be liable for any injury, loss and/or damages, suffered by the Delegate, arising directly and/or indirectly from the Event.
For full terms and conditions please click here