| Spar Distribution Centre Dry Produce Site Visit
THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED
SAPICS member and non-member
want to become a member?
The supply chain, an intricate system that ensures the efficient movement of products from suppliers to customers, is at the heart of the retail industry. A well functioning supply chain is essential, maximising on-shelf availability and ensuring the cost-effective delivery of the right quantity of products at the right time. The supply chain also plays an important role in tracking of products.
SPAR will share some of our operational challenges across this fast-moving facility including managing the following;
- 55,000m² of warehouse
- 6,400m² of satellite warehouse in Mthatha
- 12,600 SKU’s across multiple categories, including bulk and break-bulk movement
- Work flow management system
- Vehicle routing
- Case volumes - Inbound 950,000 /outbound 960,000 cases per week
- 438 Retail outlets across our various store categories
- 24/7 operation
- 12,24 and 36-hour lead times
- SRE - scan to load
- Voice picking - unique confirm command
- Delivery platforms – Dollies, RT’s, pallets, crates
- Variable RTM options - DSD’s, SODS, DC etc.
- Asset management - RF controls
- Reverse logistics
- Sustainability – multiple projects on water, Bio Fuel, corrugate and plastic waste
Order of Events :
14:00 Registration & Welcome
14:15 Health & Safety Debrief
14:30 Presentation by SPAR
15:00 Tour of Distribution Centre
16:00 Networking & refreshments
17:00 Session close
SAPICS members only
Event Terms and Conditions:
- SAPICS and the host company reserve the right of admission.
- Space is limited on the event. Should you be unable to attend for any reason, please notify us in writing at least 48 hours in advance.
- Neither the Company, The Client nor any other party associated with the Event (nor any of their agents and/or representatives) will, under any circumstances, be liable for any injury, loss and/or damages, suffered by the Delegate, arising directly and/or indirectly from the Event.
For full terms and conditions click here
To view the photograph & video release form click here