The APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) designation provides a comprehensive body of knowledge, best practices and standards for those in the logistics, transportation and distribution industries. The APICS CLTD designation serves the needs of both professionals and employers around the world by reducing the impact of industry skills gaps as well as assisting employers in developing the personnel needed to meet customer demand and impact bottom-line results.
About the programme
The APICS CLTD Learning system delivers the most effective CLTD certification exam preparation. It is divided into eight modules across four books that reflect the entire APICS CLTD Exam Content Manual (ECM), utilising the source bibliography references identified in the ECM as well as other current logistics reference materials.
Why seek APICS CLTD certification?
Earning the CLTD credential makes you a recognized expert in the logistics, transportation and distribution fields. Certification demonstrates in-depth knowledge of a broad range of topics to set you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills. The CLTD will make you a more valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s global economy.
CLTD programme content
Module 1: Logistics and Supply Chain Overview
Module 2: Capacity Planning and Demand Management
Module 3: Order Management
Module 4: Inventory and Warehouse Management
Module 5: Transportation
Module 6: Global Logistics Considerations
Module 7: Logistics Network Design
Module 8: Reverse Logistics and Sustainability
- Prepare from home, work, or while traveling
- Study wherever you go with mobile access and e-reader capability
- Create your own study plan and focus on the specific topics you need to master
- Save time and money on travel to training venues
- Led by experienced and certified instructors
- Structured classroom environment ensures that you will stay on track with your studies
- Peer discussions help reinforce learning materials
- Guided by experienced and certified instructors
- Structured weekly sessions ensure that you will stay on track with your studies
- Saves time on travel to training venues
Get started on earning your CLTD certification
Complete the free eligibility application
Submitting your eligibility application is free and easy. Visit apics.org/eligibility. CLTD approved candidates must meet ONE of the following eligibility requirements:
- 3 years of related business experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent* OR
- Hold an active CPIM, CPIM-F, CIRM, SCOR-P, CPM, CSM, CPSM, CTL, or CSCP credential
Choose the learning option that suits you
The APICS CLTD Learning System is the foundation for all preparation options
Schedule your exam
Purchase your exam credit through SAPICS or directly from APICS. Schedule your exam appointment within the six-month window that your Authorization to Test (ATT) is valid. The CLTD exam is a computer based exam available globally through Pearson VUE. Visit Pearson VUE at pearsonvue.com/apics to find the exam location nearest you.
Take the exam and receive your results
The CLTD exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions answered within 3.5 hours. Receive your results immediately after completing the exam. With a passing score, start using your new CLTD credential to set yourself apart.
*APICS defines the international equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree as the level of study that would qualify an individual for a graduate program in the country where the undergraduate degree was earned.
To enquire about the APICS CLTD course please click here