As we move into a more demand driven environment the pressure to forecast and plan accurately is no longer an option, but an absolute must. As a result, this has created an unmet demand for Demand Planners, Forecasters and Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) professionals in the field.
About the programme
The certification program is based on its verified body of knowledge which it has been maintaining for over 30 years. This knowledge is built on best practices that are flexible and grow as economies evolve and change.
Those in the position of planner, demand planner, MRP Planner, Operations Planning Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Supply Chain Manager . Anyone from manufacturing and distribution companies who work in an environment where the quality of forecasting and demand planning is important. This certification is targeted at anyone who would like to gain specific knowledge pertaining to forecasting and demand planning and gain an internationally recognised qualification
CPF Program Workshop and Exam Session Topics:
Exam One: What you need to know about Demand Planning, Forecasting & S&OP
· Role of Forecasting & Planning in decision making
· Demand Planning (Demand Sensing, Shaping & Creating)
· Forecasting & Planning Process
· Consumption (POS Date) Based Forecasting & Planning
· Consensus Forecasting & Planning
· Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process
· Collaborative, Planning, Forecasting & Replenishment (CPFR)
Exam Two: Data Management and Time Series Forecasting Modelling
· Data Analysis & Treatment
· Fundamentals of Models and Modelling
· Types of Models
· Time Series Models
· Model Selection
· Metrics: Measuring Forecast Error and Performance
Exam Three: Reporting, Presenting, New Product Forecasting & Planning
· Forecast Reporting, Presentation and Communication
· Winning Support and-Confidence of Management
· Getting Buy-in from Stakeholders
· New Product Forecasting
Upon successful completion of the exam participants receive a certificate and may place “CPF” in their professional title.
Program and exam preparation
Text book: Fundamentals of Demand Planning & Forecasting which is the most comprehensive book written in the area of Demand Planning & Forecasting, covering every major topic a professional should know. It discusses not only the different models of forecasting in simple terms but also how to use forecasts effectively in business planning. This book is packed with many real life cases to make the point. Above all this book brings out a number of worst practices, with the thinking that once companies recognise what they are doing wrong they will do something about it.
- A Potential candidate must have at least a bachelor’s degree and one year of professional experience in Forecasting and Planning.
- If the individual does not have a Bachelor’s degree, two years of professional experience in Forecasting can fulfil the eligibility requirement
To enquire about a CPF workshop click here