CODES AND ETHICS
- To maintain and improve sound business practices and foster high standards of professional conduct
- To hold in professional confidence any information gained of the business of a fellow member’s company and to refrain from using such information in an unethical manner
- To seek success without taking unfair advantage or using questionable acts that would compromise one’s self-respect
- To neither engage in nor sanction any exploitation of one’s membership, company, or profession
- To encourage and co-operate in the interchange of knowledge and techniques for the mutual benefit of the profession
- To be careful with one’s criticisms and liberal with one’s praise—-to build and not to destroy
- When a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of one’s position or action, to resolve such doubt according to generally accepted standards of truth, fair dealing, and good taste
- To maintain high personal standards of moral responsibility, character, and business integrity
- To uphold the high ideals of the association detailed in the Memorandum of Incorporation
Any member or partner found to be in contravention of this code, may be asked to remedy such, and if not, to resign from the Association
MISSION AND VISION
SAPICS was created to represent the interests of supply chain and operations management professionals in Africa as an integral part of the global supply chain.
Building Individuals’ Capability – SAPICS strives to have a meaningful impact on individuals, organizations and the profession as a whole, by being able to recommend high-quality educational programmes and provide world-class events that are relevant and up-to-date, and unsurpassed in value and quality.
Preferred Professional Body for Supply Chain Professionals – SAPICS strives to maintain its position as the leading professional body in Africa for supply chain professionals with whom members, partners, affiliates and the profession as a whole, are proud to be associated. SAPICS is your supply chain community.
Making Education Accessible – SAPICS seeks to improve the quality of life of those less fortunate, by the ongoing support of relevant fundraising initiatives.
Support Transformation – SAPICS believes that transformation is essential, and seeks to address South Africa’s historic imbalances through alliances and associations with black professionals, enterprises and suppliers, contributing wherever possible to the development and empowerment of previously disadvantaged South Africans.
Educate – To be the leading source of up-to-date, relevant supply chain management education across the African continent. In so doing, SAPICS is committed to addressing the skills shortage on the continent. This is such a vital prerequisite to the development of the continent.
Grow Membership – SAPICS is committed to the development of a vibrant community of educated supply chain professionals.
Grow Alliances – To cultivate strong alliances with like-minded organizations.
Increase Knowledge Sharing – To facilitate the sharing of knowledge, for the benefit of our members and the African supply chain and operations profession.